Are you ready to start living vibrantly?
Do you struggle with:
- Low energy and fatigue that is getting in the way of doing the things you used to love?
- Stubborn belly fat that will not go away no matter what you try?
- Food cravings such as chips, candy, pizza, or even fries?
- High blood sugar or fluctuating blood sugar?
- Sleep issues, such as falling asleep or staying asleep?
- PMS, or perimenstrual symptoms, including moodiness, sadness, or irritability?
- Managing a diabetes or prediabetes diagnosis?
You are not alone
We need to talk
I help people find balance in their blood sugar levels to ramp up their energy, keep their metabolism in check, and keep those happy hormones flowing no matter what season of life they’re in. Believe it or not, getting your blood sugar balanced can bring you some amazing perks like a serious energy boost, saying goodbye to stubborn belly fat, and gaining control over those pesky food cravings. Let’s work together to achieve that perfect balance and unlock a healthier, more vibrant you!
Why is balancing your blood sugar important?
When you eat foods that do not drastically spike your blood sugar, your body is not being burden with having to process all that starch and sugar. This allows your body to focus on keeping energy levels up, keep day-to-day functions running smoothly, and most importantly let hormones do what they do best like trying to help you sleep, regulate emotions, and balance metabolism.
Blood sugar also plays a huge role in hunger cues and carb cravings. Everything that goes up, must come down. When drastic blood sugar spikes occur, they have to eventually come down – and sometimes they crash quick and sharply. This can lead the body to signal a need for fast energy. What supplies that fast energy? Good old sugar and starch. This creates an endless loop. However, when blood sugar is balanced, these ups and downs are not as drastic or as common and a physical need for starch and sugar tends to lessen.
Everyone can benefit from balanced blood sugar, but it is especially important if you deal with:
- Elevated blood pressure
- Hormone imbalances, including stress, menopause, or PCOS
- Fertility Issues
- Autoimmune Disorders
How do you balance blood sugar?
It all comes down to finding that sweet spot (no pun intended) called balance. We get there by making intentional choices like nourishing ourselves with nutrient-rich, unprocessed foods; adopting stress-busting habits; and receiving the emotional support necessary to make lasting changes.
Together, we’ll explore sustainable changes to your current lifestyle that will support healthy sugar levels. Once we achieve that, your body can do its thing at its best—keeping hormones stable, metabolism firing on all cylinders, and the immune system primed to do its job effectively. Let’s embark on this journey of finding balance and unlocking your body’s full potential!
What We Do
Create a better understanding of how food can be used to balance blood sugar and manage a prediabetes or diabetes diagnosis. If you are looking to improve your energy, have a better relationship with food, or simply get better sleep, you can learn how to use food to reach your goals.
Virtual Cooking Classes
Learn how to turn fresh ingredients into culinary masterpieces that are quick, nutritious, and of course full of flavor — all in the comforts of your own kitchen. Have food sensitivities or special diets? No problem. The beauty of virtual cooking is that recipes can be modified to fit any dietary need.
C + C Combo
This combo combines consultation and cooking classes to give a well-rounded experience. Perfect for those just starting off on their health journey or those wanting to improve their eating habits.
Need to dip your toe in the pool? Not sure which option is right for you? Sign up for the introductory package: a 40-minute consultation and 20-minute mini cooking demo. It’s a great way to start off on the right foot. We first review current concerns to focus on an appropriate plan to jumpstart your new habits. We then finish off with a mini cooking lesson to ensure you will have the right tools in the kitchen to achieve your goal. The best of both worlds, all wrapped up in 60 minutes. Fast and efficient!
Let food be thy medicineHippocrates
Latest Blog Posts
- Goal Setting Basics: Why We Must Adapt in Order to Maintain Our GoalsEver set a goal to work out every day only to have to nix two days because it’s raining? Decided to start skipping the sugar in your morning joe, but received the wrong order at pickup? Sometimes things do not… Continue reading Goal Setting Basics: Why We Must Adapt in Order to Maintain Our Goals
- 4 Ways to Add More Oomph to that Glass of WaterTrying to drink more water? Water is vital to our health yet only roughly a quarter of people get enough hydration throughout the day. Yikes! That means that an overwhelming amount of individuals are walking around lacking proper hydration and… Continue reading 4 Ways to Add More Oomph to that Glass of Water
- The 3 Greatest Grain Swaps of All TimesThe great grain debate. Do you go grain free, or do you load your plate with hearty grains day and night? There are the folks who advocate for “heart-healthy” grains to be part of the daily diet. The oatmeal for breakfast,… Continue reading The 3 Greatest Grain Swaps of All Times