Body, featured

Nutrient Spotlight: Potassium

The need for potassium can be easily overlooked.  It is not talked about as much as other minerals, nor is potassium deficiency (hypokalemia) diagnosed as often as other vitamin or mineral deficiencies.   It is the third most abundant mineral in the body (behind calcium and phosphorus), yet approximately 98% of Americans do not meet daily… Continue reading Nutrient Spotlight: Potassium

Body, featured

How Chronic Stress Can Affect Physical Health

By now, most people are aware of the toll stress can take on their mental health.  The links to depression and anxiety are uncanny.  The emotional exhaustion is felt.  The angst it causes is real.     The effect chronic stress has on physical health is just as prominent, but maybe not as recognized.  An estimated… Continue reading How Chronic Stress Can Affect Physical Health

Body

The How’s and Why’s of Proper Hydration

Water.  One of the most important nutrients in our bodies.  It is the cornerstone of physical health. Essential really, yet only 22% of people get proper hydration.  If you are part of the other 78%, then getting more water daily can prove to be beneficial.  Why you may ask?  Well let’s start with the basics:… Continue reading The How’s and Why’s of Proper Hydration